Known as the “tree of life,” Arborvitae is majestic in size and abundant in unique benefits. Our arborvitae essential oil is sourced from the heartwood of the Thuja plicata tree. It is also known as Western Red Cedar and is native to North America (primarily Canada and the Northwestern United States). This unique source of arborvitae essential oil contains a distinct chemical profile and is uniquely concentrated in methyl thujate. The sourcing arrangements for this oil are done in an innovative, environmentallyresponsible way through distillation of residual wood materials to ensure no trees are unnecessarily harvested for production. Native to Canada, all parts of the Arborvitae tree were used extensively by Native Americans for health benefits and for building vessels, totem poles, baskets, and clothing.
- Has a woody, warm, earthy, grounding aroma
- Can help clean skin
- Cleanses surfaces and helps remove sticky residue
- Provides a peaceful and calm aroma during a massage
Apply to wrists and ankles while hiking.
Use during meditation for a sense of peace and calm.
Arborvitae oil has a woody, warm scent. Combine with Cedarwood and Frankincense to create a homemade cologne.
- Add one drop Arborvitae oil to facial cleanser for enhanced cleansing benefits in a skincare routine
- Apply one to two drops Arborvitae oil to neck and behind the ears for a peaceful, calming aroma during meditation.
- Apply two drops Arborvitae oil to the bottom of feet at the start of the day for a grounding, calming scent.
- Mix one to two drops Arborvitae oil with equal parts Wild Orange oil and Cassia oil and apply to wrists for an uplifting, earthy aroma.
- Apply two to three drops Arborvitae oil to a cotton ball and place in closets or drawers.
- Mix ten drops Arborvitae oil and ½-cup water in an amber spray bottle for a cleansing household surface spray.
- Mix four drops Arborvitae oil and two drops Lemon oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a naturally sourced wood preservative and polish.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: For massage, mix 5 drops with 10 ml carrier oil. For bath, mix 5 drops with 5 ml carrier oil. For perfuming, mix 1 drop to 10 drops carrier oil.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.